On the third day of Summer School we learned about project management
I know that most of the students had an element of this in their courses but I’m not a student so for me it was such a treat! Because not only is this a skill you need for work but it is something that you can apply to life as well. We learned how to create structure with the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Creating a Product Backlog is the listing of all your tasks in order of priority. A task has 3 aspects; what needs to be done, who needs to do it, how long will it take.
- A Sprint Backlog is then created based on the timeline of the tasks and focuses for anything between 1-4 weeks with daily scrums.
- Sprint is made up of scrums. A scrum is a process framework which caters for change, allowing for new tasks to be added if needed. Its’ aspects are; To do, In progress, Resolved (test) and Close. Tasks can be sent back to the responsible person by the tester if changes need to be made.
- Sprint review
Because different people, in different locations can upload their code to a shared project, they can replace code added before them if they do not first check and merge. This is best practice. immedia has put in a buffer and utilize bitbucket so that if someone did forget to merge, the piece of code can be recovered.
immedia uses Jira to view and track the progress on a project. Applications are then distributed and shared on hockey app.
- Day 3 – Project Management by Lerushka
- Day 3 – Project Management by Mpumelelo
- Day 3 – Agile Scrum & Project Management Session by Maxine
- Project Management by Matthew
- Starting My 2nd iOS Application On My 3rd Day @ Summer School! by Gomolemo
10 out of 10 for your review! Glad it was an interesting session, hope it helps you in you future!