Today, I reached my goal and I can finally say that I’ve made my first iOS Application using the Swift programming language and the Xcode IDE. It was not an easy task but with the encouragement of my mentors; Nqobani and Deniel, I was able to persevere and follow through. I’m proud of my accomplishment.
Even though I’ve never coded with Swift, I was able to successfully utilise a Table View, implement simple navigation as well as manipulate editing and deleting behaviour.
I’ve also managed to read up some documentation on Realm – a cross platform mobile database which can be used for iOS. I plan on utilising Realm in another app I intend on building by the end of this week – Hangman for iOS. Hopefully, I can get the UI and some functionality by the end of tomorrow. I can’t wait!
- … [My week at immedia(Summer School)] … by Melissa
- Day 5 – Math game using Swift 3 in Xcode 8 by Maxine
- 3rd day – iOS FoodTracker App by Bonga
- My experience In Summer School by Abdulrazaq
- Starting My 2nd iOS Application On My 3rd Day @ Summer School! by Gomolemo