During my week at summer school, I was placed in the group ALPHA AI where I learned IOS coding on Xcode 9.2 in the programming language script. it was my first time coding in a script which was a challenge but fun and intriguing as I have an enquiring mind. My mentors were Antonie and Vanoshan who helped me work through the problems I encountered during coding my app.
so my IOS app is a number game which basically gives you a random four-digit number and you are required to add 1 to each of the digits as the answer where you would earn a point in dollars. I added a 1-minute timer to my game so it would be a little challenging to the users.
what I learned from building my application:-
- Using timers with,
Timerinvoking selectors on a target.
- Working with.
- More complex conditionals (if-statements), introducing if-then-elseif-else and bigger-than and bigger-or-equal-than.
- String formatting, zero-padding, and the modulo operator.
- Starting My 2nd iOS Application On My 3rd Day @ Summer School! by Gomolemo
- Let the games begin by Mbalenhle
- Last day developing iOS Apps at immedia :( and #BraaiDayThe13th by Gomolemo
- Hello iOS! – 3rd day by Natasha
- iOS, Bigg Apple Mac… Crunching Xcode All week… Swiftly* by Samkelisiwe